FEATURES:    LOST PETS   |  JOB WATCH  |  LOCAL VOCALS  |  OBITUARIES  |  COMMENTS   |  AROUND TURLOCK   |  COMMUNITY POSTS  |  CAMPUS NEWS
  

        
Order by
Advanced Search
Monday, 03 August 2015 07:21

Oven Sparks Fire in Residential Garage

Written by 
Oven Sparks Fire in Residential Garage Brandon McMillan/TurlockCityNews.com
A small fire caused by an oven in a residential garage was quickly contained by the Turlock Fire Department on July 29.

Turlock firefighters responded to a residence in the 300 block of H Street at approximately 11:18 a.m. Wednesday on the report of an oven fire in a garage.

Crews arrived to find an oven and range inside of an attached garage well-involved in flames.

Turlock fire crews quickly removed the oven and range to the driveway where it was extinguished. The fire was contained before it extended to the house.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental and it destroyed the gas-powered oven and range — approximately a $600 loss.

The Turlock Fire Department secured the gas supply during the fire and PG&E came out to reinstate service.

All of the occupants of the home escaped without injury and were able to return to the home after the fire was contained.

The Turlock Fire Department also reminds citizens to make sure their ovens are clean and free of stored items before using it.

Comments (0)

There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location