FEATURES:    LOST PETS   |  JOB WATCH  |  LOCAL VOCALS  |  OBITUARIES  |  COMMENTS   |  AROUND TURLOCK   |  COMMUNITY POSTS  |  CAMPUS NEWS
  

        
Order by
Advanced Search
Tuesday, 14 July 2015 22:33

Residential Stove Fire Quickly Extinguished by Turlock Fire

Written by 
Residential Stove Fire Quickly Extinguished by Turlock Fire Brandon McMillan/TurlockCityNews.com
Turlock Firefighters were able to quickly contain a residential fire that was started by a cooking operation left unattended Sunday night.

The Turlock Fire Department responded to the 3000 block of Duquesne Way at approximately 8:33 p.m. after a neighbor saw smoke and called 911.

Crews arrived to find white smoke coming from the attic vents, and once they entered they found light white smoke throughout the house.

The fire started at the stove top, which spread to the cabinets around the stove, said the Turlock Fire Department.

Fire crews were able to get the blaze under control within five minutes of arrival.

The Turlock Fire Department determined that the cause of the fire was a cooking operation that had been left unattended.

In total, the fire caused approximately $6,000 in damage to the home. However, once all operations were complete, the occupant was able to return to the home.

Assisting crews, which included the Turlock Police Department, Turlock Irrigation District, and PG&E, found that extensive wiring in the home had not been installed to code, thus utilities were secured and sealed to the house.

Comments (1)

  1. yep

Turlock Fire is the best <3

  Attachments
Your account does not have privileges to view attachments in the comment
 
There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location

Comments   

0 #1 yep 2015-07-15 10:57
Turlock Fire is the best <3
Quote

Add comment


Security code
Refresh