FEATURES:    LOST PETS   |  JOB WATCH  |  LOCAL VOCALS  |  OBITUARIES  |  COMMENTS   |  AROUND TURLOCK   |  COMMUNITY POSTS  |  CAMPUS NEWS
  

        
Order by
Advanced Search
Monday, 03 December 2012 12:09

64 Year Old Man Escapes Accidental Kitchen Fire

Written by 

The Turlock Fire Department reported that a 64 year old resident in the 300 block of S. Laurel Street in Turlock escaped a kitchen fire on Friday night.

Turlock Firefighters responded to a 911 call made at 6:36pm on November 30th reporting the fire at the S. Laurel Street residency.

Fire crews showed up to find moderate smoke coming from the residency and a neighbor reported that the occupant was still inside the house. Fire crews initiated aggressive search and rescue, but the occupant was found to have made it out on his own.

The fire was controlled within five minutes of arrival. Several minutes later, crews located a small amount of fire in the attic while checking for extension.

The residential kitchen fire’s cause has been determined as accidental, most likely caused by paper goods coming in contact with a range top pilot light. The fire caused moderate damage to the kitchen.

Turlock Fire Department responded with a total of 14 personnel; 1 Division Chief, 1 Battalion Chief, and 4 Engine Companies.

With an estimated dollar loss of $35,000, the 64 year old occupant remained at the property.

The man living at the residence reported that his smoke detectors did not activate at this fire. The Fire Department reminds all citizens to check and maintain their smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
 

Comments (0)

There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location